Tuesday, August 12, 2014

A blast back to my elementary school years...


Here's a variation on an idea I found long ago... you've probably seen it around pinterest.  Ezra was invited to a birthday party for a good friend and I thought this would be perfect for her creative little fingers!


I think I love this gift idea so much because I absolutely adored making friendship bracelets when I was in 5th grade.  All the time.  I constantly had these things pinned to my pants.

This guy is so easy to whip up, and there are so many different things you could do with it.  Here is what I used:

A few cute little clip on charms. (butterfly, flip flop, heart)
thick card stock cut into small rectangles
small scissors (I actually used manicure scissors)
safety pins
a large rubberband
embroidery floss of different colors
small clipboard
friendship bracelet booklet
plastic floss organizer

All you have to do is put it together!
1. Decorate the rectangle cards with washi tape.  Because you have to use washi tape for everything.
2. Wrap the floss around the cards.  (I was running late, unfortunately, and I didn't get to wrap all the floss, so I just separated it out into the sections and put the empty cards in one spot so she could do it herself.)
3. Put the pins in one section, the charms in another,
4. the scissors in the long section and the cards in another.
5. Separate the floss by color.
6. Gratuitous photo.  So pretty!
7. Make a label for the top.  Use your computer if you want, but I just made one by hand.  I used double sided tape to stick it to scrapbook paper.  I put packing tape over the whole thing so it would stay put and so it wouldn't smudge or tear or anything.
8. Place the clipboard on top.  I stuck a little bunch of floss all ready to be made into a bracelet in it.
9. Put the booklet on top.
10. Secure it all together with the rubber band.

Ta-da!

 And I couldn't help this second gratuitous shot.  I'm not sure why.  I just like the lighting.  Or something.  Maybe I'm weird.

If you're wondering, this makes an excellent gift for a creative little guy, too.  I gave one to my nephew.  I included key chain rings instead of charms so he can make keychains or bracelets.




*Be sure to check below for all the fun parties I link to!*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...