Tuesday, September 7, 2010

This is the Percacet talking.

Today is the day I usually have something incredibly cool to show you.  Ok, ok, so maybe sometimes it’s only SORTA cool, but I show it to you anyway.  Well, today, I have something that while the finished product is cool, is not very impressive in the making.  It seems all I have been able to muster energy for are easy shmeezy projects.  AND I really have to get my mojo flowing for the whole busting my stash thing.  Because, let’s face it, the first week of September is already gone and I have yet to clear my table.  
Percacet aside, I have been sleeping a lot, trying hard to stay away from any store (as no matter where I go, I find myself wandering on auto-pilot over to the “craft section”) and basically just trying to keep my children and myself alive.  Thank goodness the parents had some vacation days they so graciously have been sharing with me.
So, here’s my easy shmeezy project that is neither very original OR very project-y.
You’re going to need:
buttons from the thrift store - at least one set of two matching buttons (and they have to be from the thrift store mind you, because remember this month we are making things “twice lovely” AND not buying crafty supplies)
earring post backs
hot glue
ears
I say that last one tongue in cheek of course, but if there are some of you out there without ears, I would feel really bad.
So, you’ve got some matching buttons
and earrings posts.


Dab a little hot glue on the back, staying away from any button holes because you don’t want it squishing through and making the front ugly and gluey.  Stick your post on there and hold it down nice and hard for a while.

If your button is on the large side, make sure to glue your post up nearer to the top than the middle, because you will want your earring to hang down off your lobe.
If your button doesn’t have hole, but rather those little thread shafts on the back, like this
you’ll need to break it off first, like this:
Now you can dab on some hot glue and hold the earring post down for a while.
And there you go.  Some button earrings!
Is this the easiest thing I have ever shown you or what?  I know.  This will literally take you about 30 seconds, so if you are also doped up on pain killers, this is the project for you!
(don’t worry, in another day I won’t be able to make pain killer jokes or references anymore.  Darn.)
And even though they are so easy they aren't even a project, I think they are pretty cute.







Head over to Robin's to see what everyone else is making with their stash:





giveaways

9 comments:

Oh, My Darling said...

I'm totally borrowing this idea!

BJ_Mama said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE! And guess what, I even have EARS!

Sara said...

I used to make these in the 80's! I am soooo old hugh? I totally forgot about these. I am so making them! Thanks for reminding me. Also thanks for stopping by and visiting my little blog....I love new "VFs"! consider me VF #104!

What I Did Today said...

Hey! Thanks for the tip. I put a link to your blog on my post for the 8th - yesterday. :)

Nora said...

Ca-yute!

Maureen F. said...

Really great idea for quick earrings

thepunkrockmom said...

Love these! So flipping cute! Esp the silhouette ones! (Forgot what they are actually called!)

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

Very cute, and you are right super easy. Off to raid my grandmother's button tin! Thanks for sharing.

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

Unknown said...

i love those projects that take 30 seconds. my kinda craft. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...